Webinar – An international perspective on D&I from the GECN Group
Paul Norris, CEO at MM&K will be speaking at the GECN Group CC- Circle Webinar:
‘The CC’s role in creating a diverse and inclusive culture’
June 24, 2021 15.00 – 17.00 (BST)
Details and Application
Motivated by recent research showing that a more diverse, equal, and inclusive culture generally supports outperformance, “D&I” is moving up on companies’ priority lists. The speed of this prioritisation was significantly accelerated during 2020 since diverse and inclusive cultures have proven particularly impactful in times of uncertainty and when innovation is key to future success. Finally, strong commitments in this direction are expected from diverse market players, including regulators, investors, and other standard-setters.
- What is the role of Compensation Committees (CC) in fostering this cultural change?
- What are implications for the CC’s oversight of the compensation framework and pay structure of the Executive Board and the company’s pay philosophy more generally?
- Together with distinctive keynote speakers and panellists, we will discuss how the CC can foster the mindset of a more diverse, equal, and inclusive landscape.
Speakers and topics include:
How to advance the corporate D&I agenda
- Marie-Pierre Rogers is a member of the Board of Directors of SoftwareONE and chairs the Nomination and Compensation Committee. She further leads Spencer Stuart’s Board Practice in Switzerland where she focuses on C-level roles and non-executive positions in the technology and industrial spaces.
What Boards must know to drive the D&I agenda successfully
- Dr. Gudrun Sander is Adjunct Professor focusing on Diversity Management at the University of St. Gallen. As Director of the Competence Centre for D&I at the Research Institute for International Management she leads several nation-wide projects for improving inclusive leadership and strategic diversity management.
An international perspective on D&I from the GECN Group
- US: Robin Ferracone is the founder and CEO of Farient Advisors LLC, an executive compensation, performance, and corporate governance advisory firm. With over 30 years of consulting experience, Robin advises clients in the areas of business and talent strategies, executive compensation, and investor engagement among other topics.
- UK: Paul Norris is CEO of MM&K and has over 30 years’ experience in executive remuneration consulting and advises management and remuneration committees of both listed and unlisted companies across the economy. Paul is a member of the Quoted Companies Alliance Corporate Governance Expert Group.
- South Africa: Chris Blair is the CEO and co-founder of 21st Century (Pty) Ltd. He has consulted over 1’000 organisations specializing in leadership, business risk management, strategy and policy development, financial management, and executive remuneration. Chris additionally serves on multiple Boards of Directors.
About the GECN
The GECN is a close alliance of six independent advisory firms specialising in executive remuneration, performance and governance, the GECN Group pools its considerable resources to serve clients in more than 30 countries through offices in North America, Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, Asia, Australia and Africa.