The Holt – MM&K – Buyouts Insider North American PE Compensation Survey 2018
February 27, 2019
Holt Private Equity Consultants, MM&K’s allied firm in the US for Private Equity compensation matters, recently published the results of its North American PE Compensation Survey. This survey is the sister survey of our European PE and VC Compensation Survey. The results from the North American survey make for interesting reading.
The survey analyses compensation data from over 100 North American PE and VC firms. The headlines include:
• In 2018, compensation in North American Private Equity and Venture Capital spiked for many employees.
• For non-partner level employees, the median total cash (salary + bonus) increased by 20%.
• The biggest increases were seen at the Associate and Vice-President levels.
• The standard model of two and twenty still pertains.
• Partners tend to take 71% of the carry pot.
• The vesting of carry plans now is spread over a longer period. The typical length of time that it takes to get to full vesting is now eight years.
• Only 31% of VC funds in North America require a hurdle rate of return before carry clicks in.
MM&K is pleased to announce that copies of the North American survey report are available to be purchased from us at a price of £2,000 (plus VAT).
A copy of the Preview of the North American PE Compensation report can be found here:
Registered Address: 10 Queen Street Place, London, EC4R 1AG | Company Registration No: 1983794 | VAT Registration No: 577735784 | Copyright 2023 © MM&K. All Rights Reserved | Site by: Treacle