Types of Employee Share Plan
The most popular types of Employee Share Plan are summarised below.
Please see our Fact Sheets for more details about individual plans.
Discretionary and Executive Share Plans
The advantage of discretionary plans is that companies have the flexibility to choose the main design features, which individuals will participate and the size of awards granted to each.
- Unapproved Share Options
- Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI)
- Nil-Cost and Nominal-Cost Options
- Phantom Options and Share Appreciation Rights (SARs)
Other Discretionary Share Plans
- Joint Share Ownership Plans (JSOPs)
- Growth Shares
- Nil and Partly-Paid Shares
All-Employee Share Plans
The main types of All-Employee Share Plans operated in the UK are:
- Share Incentive Plans (SIPs)
- SAYE or Sharesave Share Option Schemes
Please get in touch with any enquiries about our services.
Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries you may have, about MM&K or our services – we look forward to hearing from you.CONTACT US
Registered Address: 6th Floor, Kings House, 9/10 Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4BP | Company Registration No: 1983794 | VAT Registration No: 577735784
Copyright 2023 © MM&K. All Rights Reserved | Site by: Treacle