2023 GECN ESG research
Global Trends in the use of ESG in Executive Incentives: The Staying Power of Sustainability
2023 and Beyond: Global Trends in the use of ESG in Executive Incentives: The Staying Power of Sustainability
MM&K (as a part of the GECN Group) has conducted annual research on global trends in corporate governance since 2020. Over the past few years, we have studied the growing role that Environmental, Social, and Governance incentives have in the compensation of executives in the world’s largest firms. We are proud to present our 2023 report “The Staying Power of Sustainability” which focuses on how ESG shapes executive incentives across the globe.
Findings from the study include:
- The number of firms featuring ESG in their plans has grown every year for every region*
- Typically, a whole quarter of a bonus is down to ESG performance
- Social measures continue to be the most popular; among them is diversity which saw a 15% rise globally
- Environmental measures have seen a rocket-fuelled rise, 20% higher across the world and 26% higher just in the UK
Our report studied the practices of the world’s largest firms, including:
- United Kingdom: FTSE 100
- Continental Europe: CAC 40, DAX 30, and SMI 20
- United States: S&P 100
- Canada: TSX 60
- Australia: ASX 100
- Singapore: STI 30
To obtain your free copy of the report please fill in the form below.
Sign-up to download the free report
Please complete the form to access the free report, a download link will be sent to you via email.
Registered Address: 6th Floor, Kings House, 9/10 Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4BP | Company Registration No: 1983794 | VAT Registration No: 577735784
Copyright 2023 © MM&K. All Rights Reserved | Site by: Treacle