Survey and advice on remuneration policy and practice in the private equity and venture capital industry. MM&K advises PE and VC houses on their remuneration structures including carried interest and co-investment plans ib both independent and captive houses.
MM&K produces the leading European Survey on remuneration policy and practice in the private equity and venture capital industry. MM&K has produced this survey for over 22 years and as a result has gained unparalleled experience and insight into the design and makeup of PE remuneration structures in the UK and Europe. This knowledge coupled with our in depth experience gained from PE focused consulting assignments over the years uniquely positions us to help clients improve the effectiveness of their remuneration arrangements.
Typical projects include:
- Tailored remuneration benchmarking projects
- Design of Investment Team remuneration policy
- Advice on succession planning – the deal for exiting partners
- Bonus scheme design – for investment team and back office
- Carried interest plan design – typically in captive or partly captive entities
- Advice on design of co-investment plans for the investment team
Examples of recent client consulting projects include:
- Providing advice to the PLC board of a listed private equity investment trust on the management fee and carried interest terms for their (third party) fund manager
- Providing market benchmark advice on pay and carried interest participation levels to major UK based Buy Out Fund
- Providing pay and carry benchmark advice to Middle Eastern owned captive private equity investment team
- Providing pay and carry benchmark advice to new UK based private equity team raising their first fund
Some of the benefits of using MM&K include:
- MM&K’s team is multi-disciplinary. We bring together consulting, advisory, legal, accounting, HR (through Higher Talent), analytical and modelling skills to help design and implement demonstrably practical and transparent means of dealing with our clients’ problems.
- Service quality: MM&K provides top quality advice and prompt service. We present complex issues in a straightforward manner. We will not over-complicate and we will ensure that there are no surprises in relation to the work we do with our clients. We have over twenty years’ experience of advising private equity houses on remuneration issues.
- Implementation: We implement the recommendations we agree with our clients, providing formal documentation and communication material, as required. We are happy to work closely with lawyers and other advisers where required.
Please contact us to discuss what we can do for your private equity business.